real. raw. revelation.

real. raw. revelation.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

my birthday blessing


Last week I had some friends over to celebrate my birthday.  As I was cleaning up my place before the party, I realized my vacuum cleaner was broken.  I only had $10 in my checking account.  “I definitely won’t be purchasing a new vacuum any time soon,” I thought to myself.  Now, normally (and by normally I mean before I was saved), I would have flipped out and would have spent the rest of the night worrying about how I was going to make a big purchase with only $10 in my account.  For some reason that I didn’t understand at the time, I just let it go and enjoyed spending time with great friends.

Fast forward to the next day.  My roommate and I like to spend Saturday mornings having coffee and listening to Jazz music at a local café near our house.  As we were walking back to home we came to a driveway that had an Oreck vacuum cleaner with a sign that read “FREE.”  Needless to say, I started jumping up and down and doing a little victory dance.  I praised God the rest of the way home with my new vacuum cleaner in tow. 

Now, you may not think that finding a vacuum cleaner is a big deal and might chalk it up to a mere coincidence.  Not me.  This was an act of God.  How do I know?  Because of faith.  This is how I live my life.  This is only one story, one testimony, of the many ways God has been working in my life over the past year.  I see God’s blessings every single day. 

When my vacuum cleaner broke, I knew that it would be taken care of.  I wasn’t sure how, but I didn’t waste my time worrying about it.  I gave it to God.  And he moved.  He always does, you just have to give him the opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I would have loved to have seen you strolling down the street with a vacuum in tow... Nice work once again! :)

    ReplyDelete