real. raw. revelation.

real. raw. revelation.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

insane in the membrane

Albert Einstein described insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

If that's the case, I'm definitely insane.  You probably are too.  As human beings, we have a strong desire to do what is comfortable - even if we know it's not necessarily the right thing for us.  We do what we know.  I'm guilty of this.  You probably are too.

We fear the unknown.  Why?  What if the unknown is something more beautiful and fulfilling than we could ever imagine?  Would you take that first step outside of what is comfortable, outside of yourself?  I would.  I am.

I've tried doing the same things over and over, and yep, you guessed it, I got the same results.  My pastor (Joel A Brooks of Christian Life Center, who is AWESOME by the way) comments often that "if you want something new, you have to give God something new to put it in."

I don't know about you, but I'm ready for something new... I'm ready for something real... something beautiful... something truly satisfying.  I'm journeying into the unknown and documenting it along the way.  I'm sure my writing is a little rusty and I've never blogged before so all I ask of you is to extend to me a little grace and keep an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment